What a wonderful way to get your students to write! Use the Accordion Book plan and watch your students create a beautiful cover to hold their own journals. Writing activities may be placed in the Accordion Book, the more your students write, the more pages may be added during the school year. The ideas are endless!
The students will be able to create an accordion book to be used for authoring a story or for their personal writing portfolio.
Heavy weight paper at least 22" long or pre-made accordion card
Book board or mat board
Decorative paper cover
2 Lengths of ribbon 24" long
- Trim heavyweight paper to 5-1/4" x 22", following diagram, fold the panels to create the accordion card.
- Trim 2 pieces of book board to 5-1/4" x 5-1/4".
- Trim 2 sheets of decorative paper to 6-1/4" x 6-1/4".
- Center book board on wrong side of decorative paper, glue in place.
- Center first and last pages of accordion book on decorative covers (as shown in diagram), glue in place
- Cover edges with ribbon by gluing in place.
- Fold accordion card and tie with ribbon.
Project Courtesy of
Papers By Catherine
Return to I-CRAFT'S Lesson Plans
Return to I-CRAFT'S Home Page