- 1 45" x 60" Soft
Touch Cotton Batting by Fairfield (this will
make several bunnies)
- 1/3 yd. medium weight iron-on
interfacing to stabilize Soft Touch Cotton
- 1/8 yd. light weight fusible
adhesive to back ear linings, carrots, carrot
tops and leaves
- Poly-fit polyester fiberfill by
- 1/8 yd. rose print fabric for ear
- Scraps of fabric for carrots,
carrot tops, leaves and flower
- Scrap of dark pink felt for nose
- 2 4mm black beads with holes for
- 1 3" white pompom for tail
- 3/8" to 1/2" yellow
button with 4 holes
- Black permanent ink (waterproof)
marking pen (point size 01)
- Powder blush for cheeks
- Raffia for whiskers and bow
- Tan and black thread
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Fabric glue
HOW TO TEA-DYE "SOFT
TOUCH" COTTON BATTING
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add
one tea bag and leave in until water cools.
- Add one 11'' x 17" piece
batting and pompom Thoroughly soak for 2-3
minutes. Squeeze out excess (don't wring or
- Place in dryer until completely
- Iron out wrinkles. Don't stretch
batting (If color comes out splotchy - all the
HOW TO PREPARE BODY, FEET, ARMS AND
- Cut out medium weight, iron-on
interfacing for each piece of batting Iron onto
batting and cut out pieces as indicated on
reverse side of this sheet.
HOW TO PREPARE EAR LININGS, CARROTS AND
CARROT TOPS (FEET PADS) AND LEAVES
- Cut fabrics and lightweight
fusible adhesive 1/4" larger than pattern
pieces. Fuse together following manufacturer's
directions Cut out pattern pieces and peel off
backing. Fuse to appropriate batting pieces.
- Draw stitching lines on carrots
and ear linings with marking pen.
LET'S SEW A BUNNY!
- All seams are to the outside, don't trim.
- Mark and cut slash on body front.
- With wrong sides together,
sew front and back. Stuff firmly with Poly-fit.
- Sew on eyes. Pull thread slightly
to indent each eye.
- Nose- Cut nose out of felt and
glue in place.
- Whiskers: Thinly shred piece of
raffia for the whiskers. Thread onto large eye
needle. Go into one dot and come out other dot.
Cut ends to 3/4" Repeat until there are six
whiskers on each side. Dot fabric glue at base of
- Lightly apply blush to cheeks.
- With wrong sides together,
sew each set of ears.
- Take a gathering stitch across
bottom of ears. Pull tight to gather. Knot off.
- Hot glue ears to back of head
3/4" down from top edge.
- Mark and cut slash on back
of each foot
- With wrong q sides together, sew
each foot. Stuff firmly with Poly-fit. Whip-stitch
- Hold body straight up. Pin feet to
body with toes pointing out. Hot glue on.
- Hot glue on pompom for tail, so
bunny sits up straight.
- Sew wrong sides together.
Stuff firmly with Poly-fit and leave empty
3/4" from opening.
- 2. Take a small hand-gathering
stitch across opening from seam to seam. Pull
tight to gather. Knot off.
- 3 Apply hot glue to gathered area
only and attach to body.
- 1. Shred several pieces of raffia
to make a nice full bow.
- 2. Tie around bunny's neck to one
side Leave ends long and fluffy.
- Take a small hand-gathering stitch
all the way around the circle of fabric to make a
flower yo-yo. Tightly pull thread to gather.
- Knot off. Flatten yo-yo.
- Sew yellow button in center of
yo-yo with black thread so it makes an
- Glue flower to leaf.
- Glue finished flower to center top
This project was
designed by Dee Longwith of Krafdee & Co., 1788 Karen
Court, Hemet, CA 92545