Try this design on a shirt, pillow, wall hanging or album cover.
One Wimpole Street Creations dark burgundy designer dishtowel
Six 5" fabric & Battenburg hunter green holly
Three Wimpole Street Creations Posie-Os
12 small Christmas Yo-Yos
l-1/2 yards of 7/8" burgundy grossgrain ribbon
1/4 yard of fusible web
Iron-on liquid fusible
Washable fabric glue
Quitnan white sweatshirt with hunter green jonny collar
An octagon pattern approximately 6 1/2" in diameter with each side being approximately 1 1/4" wide.
(Due to constraints the pattern can not be reproduced on this web page.)
CUTTING THE FABRIC AND RIBBON:
- Cut a piece of fusible web 9" x 9". Apply the fusible web to the wrong side of the dishtowel following manufacturer's instructions .. Cut the octagon pattern from the fused dishtowel piece. Cut the ribbon into three 18" pieces.
ASSEMBLING THE DESIGN:
- Remove the paper backing from the octagon. Fuse on the sweatshirt front. the top edge 3-1/2"4" from the center neck.
- Apply a thin line of iron-on liquid fusible to the wrong side along the outside edge of the six Battenburg holly. Fuse the holly around the outside of the dishtowel octagon using the diagram for placement.
- Tie three bows with the grossgrain ribbon and glue in place with washable fabric glue.
- Glue the Posie-Os on top of the bows as shown in the diagram.
- Scatter the Yo-Yos around the holly wreath and glue in place.
Wash in cold water, gentle cycle with shirt inside out. Lay flat to dry.
Project Courtesy of Wimpole Street Creations
Return to the National Craft Month Projects Page
Return to the National Craft Month Home Page