- Carefully cut two squares past edge threads.
- To cover top white edge, sew on 1/8" braid.
- Baste felt onto back, and cut to shape.
- Pinch & sew felt and braid together at rim.
- Form braid top-hoop for Charm, Chain or Earring
OR GLUE onto a Pin, Barrette, Buckle or Button
OR.TO APPLIQUE: whipstitch edge directly onto
Hat, Handbag or Clothing with 1/8" ribbon thread
or 6 ply, colorfast floss of your choice.
Hold Aida Plus with grid front side up.
- Double over a single 24 inch strand and thread
two cut ends
through eye of needle forming an end lasso thread
- *Locate design center.Count over & come up at
- Using the Continental Bead Stitch (See CBS diagram)
A) Bring needle up at 1 (SP),holding end lasso behind.
B) Attach a bead,skip a square at diagonal, as shown.
C) Push needle down at 2 to do slanted bead loop.
- Pull needle through end lasso and secure stitch tightly
Repeat ABC; up at 3, add bead, skip a square,
down at 4 etc.
- Gently glide each bead into grid square with fingertip.
- Do the design from top down. Make sure all stitches
in the same direction for lines of beads to lay properly,
making each row go either left to right or right
- After first row to repeat slanted bead loop, slip needle
pre-stitched bead in grid square (See CBS sample stitch
- Since the Aida Plus, will be trimmed two squares past
design do not carry threads across areas that will
be cut away.
- To end beading, weave thread under pre-stitched back
TIPS: Pick each bead off felt, or wrap your index finger
adhesive tape facing out and press onto a few beads.
Pick off beads by color with needletip as charted stitch
- Mark the chart symbols with colored pencils for easier